SIGMA System Overview
The SIGMA advanced radiological detection system is a secure, cloud-hosted Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering that provides data collection, storage, analysis, and visualization for region-scale networks of personal, mobile and static radiation sensors. The product of years of R&D and real-world testing, SIGMA is the industry’s leading self-contained radiological detection platform, supporting person-carried, vehicle-mounted, and static placements through a real-time monitoring and collaboration platform.
SIGMA Technology Platform
The SIGMA system incorporates a customized configuration of sensors – stationary, vehicle-mounted, and handheld – along with a central web-based interface for command and control. Stationary sensors can be installed permanently or set up temporarily, while vehicle-mounted and handheld sensors provide situational awareness in-transit and on the move.
SIGMA Capabilities & Features
- Interactive command and control
- Region scale continuous monitoring and situational awareness
- Accurate and rapid isotope identification to inform responses
- Sensor variety covers any deployment area
- Unobtrusive static sensor installation and small, cellphone sized handheld sensors
- Scalable from tens to thousands of sensors
- Advanced automated threat detection and isotope identification of sources in seconds
- Easy to set up, easy to tear down
- Up and running in minutes and hours, not days or weeks
- Ideal for mission-specific deployments or defending high-profile, onetime events and locations
Combining networked sensors together into a powerful shield, SIGMA provides instant real-time visibility of alerts from any sensor, anywhere within your deployment.
SIGMA displays alerts in real time on a live map view of your deployment, anywhere in the world.
SIGMA stores historical data for all sensor logs and automatically builds a background map of your deployment from this data, granting improved awareness of abnormal detections.
Basic training for the SIGMA mobile app can be completed in minutes.
SIGMA provides real-time scanning, real-time alerts, real-time source analysis, and real-time communication with all networked sensors.
99.999% uptime and a backend powered by the Amazon S3 cloud ensure always-ready access to SIGMA services.
SIGMA operates seamlessly with dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of sensors, and scales to meet the needs of your deployment, large or small.
SSL encryption, two-factor authentication, and an extensively certified cloud backend ensure your deployment is accessible only to authorized personnel.
The SIGMA Local Edition mobile app can perform immediate analysis of sensor data with no need for an internet connection.