The Advanced Analytics Team applies expertise in machine learning, large-scale computational architectures, data visualization, and simulation to solve hard research challenges in high impact areas including cybersecurity, biological systems, and distributed sensor platforms. We’ve built automated malware detection systems, deep learning models that can semantically label source code, prototypes to visualize graphs with millions of nodes, and a distributed framework that can process and store sensor network streams on the scale of 100 MB/s.
Our team values creativity, initiative, collaboration, and diversity. We strive for a fun and collegial atmosphere that encourages intellectual crosspollination and professional growth. In short, we’re passionate about empowering our customer’s missions and enjoy working together at the leading edge of technology!
Two Six Labs is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with Big Data development expertise. The successful candidate will have hands on experience with the Hadoop Ecosystem, creating technology to process massive amounts of structured and unstructured datasets. The candidate will work within a cross-functional research and development team focused on advancing the state-of-the-art in large-scale data architectures. The ideal candidate must have a passion to push the state-of-the-art in complex systems that are largely based on open source technologies.
- Scalable system architecture design and development for an analytical query microservice capable of processing massive datasets (greater than 100 TBs)
- Deploy and support a Hadoop-based system on private hardware and AWS
- Champion big data processing techniques across a multidisciplinary research anddevelopment team
- A four year degree in CS, EE, or Math or related on the job experience
- Minimum three years development experience with Hadoop – specifically MPP tools suchas Apache Drill and Impala
- Experience developing in Java
- Working knowledge of databases and file systems
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Ability to iterate and deliver quickly
- Willingness jump in and solve hard problems
- Know when to ask questions
- Great communication skills
- Self-driven work ethic
Nice to Have:
- High-availability system experience
- Experience working in research and development environments
- An active DoD clearance (Secret or above)
Due to Security requirements, US Citizenship is required.