Senior Full Stack Engineer
Two Six Labs is looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with production experience and working knowledge of the full software stack – from backend stores through presentation layers. The candidate will join a cross-functional research and development team focused on the implementation of a nuclear-radiation detection platform (see http://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2016-10-11 and http://www.darpa.mil/news-events/2016-08-23). When fully realized, our work will process and store streams of sensor data on the scale of 100 MB/s in a heavily distributed compute cluster.
- Actively participate in the design, build, test and implementation phases of software components throughout the software development life cycle
- Participate in discussions on requirements analysis, system architecture, code quality and change management controls
- Write and test code, as well as work with other team members to deliver fully functional and tested software
- Participate in troubleshooting and research of software bugs and issues as they are reported
- A four year degree in CS, EE, or Math or related on the job experience
- Experience using MVC server-side web frameworks such as Play Framework, Spring Boot, or Struts.
- In particular, experience implementing a web framework from the ground up, or transitioning / upgrading web framework
- Experience developing RESTful web services.
- Familiarity with functional programming or functional programming concepts
- Knowledge of typography and design coupled with the ability to rapidly create simple and usable visualizations
- Ability to iterate and ship ideas quickly
- Willingness jump in and solve hard problems
- Know when to ask questions
- Great communication skills
- Self-driven work ethic
Due to security requirements, US Citizenship is required.