The Advanced Analytics Team applies expertise in machine learning, large-scale computational architectures, data visualization, and simulation to solve hard research challenges in high impact areas including cybersecurity, biological systems, and distributed sensor platforms. We’ve built automated malware detection systems, deep learning models that can semantically label source code, prototypes to visualize graphs with millions of nodes, and a distributed framework that can process and store sensor network streams on the scale of 100 MB/s. Our team values creativity, initiative, collaboration, and diversity. We strive for a fun and collegial atmosphere that encourages intellectual crosspollination and professional growth. In short, we’re passionate about empowering our customer’s missions and enjoy working together at the leading edge of technology
As a Lead Research Engineer at Two Six Labs, you will build models of DDoS attacks and novel, cloud-based cyber defenses in a discrete-event network simulator. You will leverage game theory to derive optimal strategies for deploying dynamic defenses. You will lead a small team of researchers to achieve customer objectives and share results with a broader community.
- Four-year degree in CS, EE, or Math, or related on the job the experience
- 7+ years of professional experience (MS + 5 years of professional experience, Ph D + 3 year)
- Network modeling using detailed network simulation tools (e.g. ns-3)
- Expertise in analysis of denial-of-service conditions
- Demonstrated success in managing small research teams
- Solid software engineering fundamentals
- Strong communication skills and proven effectiveness in lean, high-performance teams
Nice to Haves
- Applications of game theory to cybersecurity
Due to US security clearance restrictions, US citizenship is required.